KITTERY SCHOOL DEPARTMENT
FOR THE 2017- 2018 SCHOOL YEAR
If you have a child entering Kindergarten in Kittery for the 2017– 2018 school year, you must CALL the Horace Mitchell Primary School @ (207) 439-1707 to schedule an APPOINTMENT with our school secretary. You may download registration materials from our website, or pick them up at school. The dates for Kindergarten Registration are:
Parents should plan on spending approximately one hour to complete this process. The CHILD and parent are invited to the appointment. There will be five parts to the registration process:
1. Principal Interview - collection of registration materials
(PLEASE BRING A CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE, IMMUNIZATION RECORD, AND TWO PROOFS OF RESIDENCY. For example, a utility bill, rental lease, car registration or driver’s license.)
2. Nurse’s Station - Review of medical records, immunizations and vision screening.
3. Meet our Guidance Counselor
4. Tour of the Mitchell School with a member of our PTA .
5. A simple screening for students - approximately 15 minutes
TO BE ADMITTED TO THE SEPTEMBER, 2017 KINDERGARTEN, YOU MUST TURN 5 ON OR BEFORE OCTOBER 15, 2017. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A YOUNGSTER ELIGIBLE TO ENTER KINDERGARTEN THIS FALL, PLEASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ONTO A NEIGHBOR.
If you have any further questions about our registration, please feel free to contact:
HORACE MITCHELL PRIMARY SCHOOL
PRINCIPAL, DAVID FOSTER
Phone# (207) 439-1707